Resetting the Mercedes Sprinter Van Service Warning Light
Having issues with any of your vehicle’s function could be a total discouragement especially when you are dealing with expensive transports like the Mercedes Sprinter. But did you know that this van has an onboard diagnostic system that traces failures? This unique feature triggers a “Service Soon” light that appears on the Sprinter’s dashboard when the vehicle needs to be serviced. One great innovation of Mercedes is that it doesn’t require special tools to reset the warning light. However, you need to do the work yourself or have it serviced before you can manually reset and turn-off the van’s warning light.
Here are the steps:
- Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the “ON” position, but don’t start the engine yet. Search for the tachometer and speedometer displays on the instrument panel.
- At the lower left part of the steering wheel, press the button. The display panel will show why the vehicle needs servicing.
- On the left side of the instrument panel, find and press the reset button. Hold the button for three seconds before releasing it.
- Press the reset button the second time and hold it until the display will show that it has been reset. Turn off the vehicle and wait for 60 seconds.
- Switch on the engine and confirm that the service light has turned off.